Our Client is a global business in the commodities sector. Its businesses include worldwide origination, transport, processing and merchandising of agricultural commodities, freight and metals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a 5-10 PQE UK qualified lawyer looking to relocate to Geneva and you will ideally have specialised in soft commodity trading and shipping law, preferably with both private practice and in-house experience. You will be part of a highly regarded in-house legal team, working closely with the GC and Deputy GC, as well as senior stakeholders across the globe. This key role requires a highly organised, rigorous and motivated individual with a commercial aptitude and highly collaborative approach with self-assured developed legal skills/expertise.
Your main responsibilities in the role will include:
- Provide commercial legal advice focused on trading and operational activity, including contract drafting and negotiation supporting businesses in the EMEA region.
- Provide legal and compliance support with a focus on trading, financial engineering/structured product and capital market transaction matters.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts; this will include trading and sales activity and industrial activities;
- Trade finance support, financing agreements, structured trade finance;
- Regulatory and compliance advice and assistance;
- Support with respect to dispute resolution / management of litigation issues, co-ordination with the Arbitration team;
- Assisting with project activities and other business development transactions;
- File management and liaising with local counsel in each jurisdiction as required;
- Active involvement in legal cost reporting and tracking
- analysis and monitoring of legal and regulatory developments
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.