I am working with a biotechnology business on a newly created Senior Paralegal role based in Oxford. This role will be supporting the legal team, and requires someone with a legal background and ideally setting up and maintaining virtual data rooms.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Create, manage and maintain VDR (including coordination with purchasing, finance, logistics and sales, etc.)
- Diligence and coordinate third party diligence and support of major transactions
- Document, annotate and maintain an annotated repository of assertions regarding the company, its products and the industry as requested by the VP of Communications
- Review and revise NDAs and simple commercial agreements, as requested by anyone on the legal team
- Take and maintain notes of meetings, as requested by anyone on the legal team
- Administrative support as requested
Ideally you will have:
- A degree in any discipline and a law conversion qualification
- Over two years' experience of working in a legal office or equivalent, either in-house or private practice
- Experience of working with VDR's
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to interact and present to executives and senior management
- Ability to exercise discretion and to remain poised under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Organised, pro-active, self-motivated, efficient and flexible
- A strong client focus and a good commercial judgement
This is an excellent role and is offering a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Please apply if you wish to discuss further.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.