A fast-growing International FinTech is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel - Litigation to join a growing team on a 12-month Contract. The role offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven dispute resolution lawyer to provide high quality legal advice within a fast paced and growing company.
The successful candidate will be offered interesting work combined with a great working environment with a collegiate feel and plenty of opportunities for development and growth.
Key duties will include:
* advising internal stakeholders including senior management, Front Office staff, Risk and HR personnel with regard to group-wide dispute resolution and strategy;
* managing a broad range of complaints and pre-action disputes, employee and commercial litigation and contentious regulatory matters (including drafting correspondence and claim-related documentation);
* instructing and managing English and overseas counsel where specialist advice is required;
* handling queries on the existence and ownership of intellectual property rights, registration and dealing with potential infringements (utilising external support where required);
* providing timely reporting as to developments of dispute resolution portfolio to senior management; and
* monitoring legal developments relevant to the group's activities with a view to minimising the risk of disputes and driving process change where required to reduce group-wide litigation risk.
You will have a proactive mindset and an ability to communicate effectively in practical terms with stakeholders at all levels of the group. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years PQE, either in private practice or in-house, practising as a qualified lawyer with financial regulatory experience in the UK and/or in the EU. Demonstrable experience of advising financial services providers on contentious matters (with a working knowledge of relevant rules, common law principles and key financial services regulation) is essential. You will have the ability in a fast-paced environment to prioritise and manage a wide range of competing priorities.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.