Our client is an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up that has experienced rapid global growth over the past 12 months. They help businesses, large and small, to create safe working environments across the globe. During the last year, they have worked with businesses in every part of the economy, from financial services to sports, film production to travel.
The support the continued grown, an opportunity now exists for a Senior Legal Counsel to join the small (but growing!) legal team, reporting to the General Counsel. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding in house legal team to work together to help facilitate the company's growth and drive the legal agenda. You will be responsible for giving practical and focused advice on a wide variety of commercial legal matters including;
· Providing advice on a wide range of legal matters affecting the business operations including supporting the procurement, supply chain, facilities, real estate, warehousing and logistics functions
· Working closely with the General Counsel and outside counsel to coordinate a wide range of business operations contracts including drafting standard templates
· Supporting the business operations team in pursuing new opportunities to grow the business
· Assisting the General Counsel in relation to corporate governance and compliance activities and periodically in larger corporate matters
· Working closely with colleagues in risk, data, business operations, insurance & finance
· Providing general ad-hoc commercial legal support across the breadth of the business, including assisting with NDAs and undertaking legal research
· Supporting the General Counsel in the provision of regular training and legal updates to the wider business
· Streamlining existing processes, documentation, and precedents, and creating self-service tools for the business to enable the legal team to scale as the business grows
· c.5-8+ years PQE
· Previous in-house commercial experience essential
· Expertise in procurement, supply chain, facilities, logistics, warehousing contracts essential
· Experience of working on international projects essential
· Expertise in real estate law desirable but not essential
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.