For BCD Travel we are currently recruiting a qualified privacy lawyer meeting the below specifications. The primary emphasis for this position will be in supporting BCD Travel in providing service-oriented, business-minded counsel in connection with data privacy matters. The position can be done fully remotely, however the preference is for someone to be based in The Netherlands in order to be able to work in the Utrecht office.
BCD Group is a market leader in the travel industry. The privately-owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management and its subsidiary BCD Meetings & Events, global meetings and events agency), Park 'N Fly (off-airport parking) and Airtrade (consolidation and fulfillment).
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry.
About the role:
- Advise colleagues in Legal and internal clients with respect to all matters pertaining to data protection and privacy in order to promote compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including, any applicable data protection laws given the global nature of BCD Travel's business.
- Review, draft and negotiate privacy terms, including, but not limited to, data protection agreements, transfer agreements, and standard contractual clauses.
- Monitor changes in law or regulations, trends, discussions and best business practices related to data protection and privacy and communicate internally, proposing risk mitigation strategies and changes to our policies and guidelines accordingly.
- Work with legal, privacy and other staff on privacy assessments, data subject requests, incident responses and investigations.
- Advise internal staff based on privacy policies, procedures and strategies.
- Advise on privacy and data security issues related to new products and services.
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum 8+ years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house law department; 5+ years' experience advising on data protection and privacy laws, including an understanding of any applicable data protection laws given the global nature of BCD Travel's business.
- Relevant privacy certification e.g., CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM or equivalent is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, with excellent organizational skills.
- Must have a customer-service oriented approach to practicing law with an eye towards practical application.
- Preferable experience in working with data protection authorities or acting as DPO.
- Ability to translate the legal data protection obligations in the context of the services the company provides.
- Must be detail-oriented and a skilled draftsperson.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interact directly with the company's senior leadership, proposing practical and creative solutions to complex business issues and providing pragmatic risk assessments.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions, organizations and with a diverse group of colleagues at all levels.
- Must have a good sense of humor and be a team-player who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and collegial atmosphere.
- Experience with OneTrust or similar platform helpful but not required.
- Experience in travel industry preferred, but not essential.
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.