You should have extensive emlplyment law experience, ideally having trained at a top city law firm, combined with in-house epxerience as well, with around 6-12 years PQE.
The role reports to the Chief People Officer International and involves working closely with the Chief Legal Officer.
This role is a critical connection between the People Services and in-house and external Legal teams on all matters relating to employment law, policies, contracts, investigations, etc. across multiple jurisdictions. This role will provide high quality, timely support to international senior leadership to deliver the employment related strategic and operational goals of the business.
Employee Relations / Investigation oversight
- Provide subject matter expertise in employee relations, investigations disciplinary matters and performance management.
- Investigate and respond to internal and external complaints, and handling other complex, high-risk or sensitive employee relations cases partnering with in-country People Services as needed.
- Maintain required documentation including intake, investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Prepare strategy and coordinate responses to third-party or other governmental charges and requests as well as threatened litigation; participate as needed with legal cases.
Negotiation / Contract Oversight
- Draft and negotiate separation agreements and releases for senior leaders across markets.
- Drive risk mitigation and negotiation strategies for key contractual and other relationships.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business and its commercial and regulatory environment, advising management on legal risks and assisting in development of creative solutions as a member of the team.
- Point person for employee-related matters for integration in all markets/country.
Legal Counsel Coordination
- Manage the relationships with external legal counsel, in partnership with internal Legal and People Services teams for employment related protocol, practices, documentation and updates.
- Proactively adapts policies and practices with changes in the law to provide accurate and timely updates and reporting to the company's business and operations.
- Lead effort to create standard employment templates such as, offer letters, bespoke pre-contract offer letters (executive/board members, mandate agreements, independent consulting agreements, summer associate programs) assignment/expatriate arrangements, inter-company secondments, relocation loan agreements for use by local People Services are in accordance with applicable law and best practices.
- Carry out fee negotiations and participate with continuous management of professional fee budgets.
- Build, create and maintain appropriate templates, precedents and documentation in various markets to cover an employee life cycle "hire to retire" to allow operational efficiency for employment matters (including on boarding materials, employee handbooks etc.)
- Assist with all Legal Department employment law practice management initiatives, including continuous improvement of contracting and transaction management processes, including where appropriate creation of toolkits and standardised templates, knowledge, know- how and precedent banks.
- Support on Immigration matters.
- Working with Legal Counsel on contentious employment matters.
- Work collaboratively with a broad range of people to develop and maintain strong working relationships between legal, finance, people services, operations and business development teams and facilitate a holistic team based approach.
- Live, uphold and model Company's core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfilment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong calibration with internal and external legal teams
- Previous international /cross-border experience in employment, internal investigations and general human resources
- Some experience of handling redundancy programmes , contentious exits , tribunals and litigation
- Experience in positively and successfully managing relationships with a high energy, diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines. Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the "big picture" as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.