An opportunity for a senior corporate counsel to join a major property business in Sydney to provide strategic legal advice and direction to key stakeholders. Our client has built a property portfolio comprising major retail and commercial assets and development sites in both Australia and New Zealand.
A great career opportunity for an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to work in a major property business in a corporate environment with corporate transactional, commercial contracts, and property experience. This leading company is looking for a lawyer with a high level of commercial acumen to support the wider business and senior stakeholders.
You will have gained the full range of corporate advisory and commercial experience as a lawyer with a solid foundation and training in private practice, and ideally subsequent in-house experience. You will have a minimum of 10 years' experience in general corporate transactional and commercial matters and some experience in the property industry with an oversight of negotiation and execution of commercial lease documentation. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Corporate and commercial transactional work including acquisitions and capital transactions.
- Negotiating, drafting, and providing advice in relation to corporate and commercial arrangements.
- Overseeing the timely preparation, negotiation, execution, and registration of retail and commercial lease documentation.
- Provision of strategic legal advisory services, providing high quality, appropriate legal advice to the business and key stakeholders.
- Maximisation of the legal services value add.
- Significant corporate/commercial/property experience in the Australian market with 10 years' post-admission experience.
- Dispute resolution and litigation management.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic, and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and/or in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a commercial setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.