We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate to work in a dynamic leveraged and acquisition finance team in Sydney.
Day-to-day, this role will see you working on some of the largest and most interesting transactions in the market, working closely with leading partner Hayley Neilson. You will have client management responsibilities, and will be involved in supervising more junior team members. In addition to exposure to high quality work, this role offers excellent training and career development opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Been admitted to practice as a Solicitor in either Australia or New Zealand
- Demonstrable experience in day-to-day management of, and delivering technical advice in connection with a range of leveraged and acquisition finance matters from a top tier, national or international private practice environment;
- At least 5 years' legal experience, however we are open to considering candidates with more or less experience;
- An excellent academic record coupled with strong legal skills and a practical mindset;
- A proactive approach and desire to be an integral member of our leading and supportive team;
- An ability to work to tight timeframes, collaboratively and at times autonomously;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to demonstrate collegiality within a team;
- Initiative, attention to detail and the drive to develop yourself and deliver the best work you can;
Our client's Banking & Finance group is ranked as a Band 1 Banking & Finance Firm by Legal 500, 2021 and ranked a Band 1 Banking & Finance Firm by Chambers Asia Pacific 2021.
Their leveraged and acquisition finance practice advises on a wide variety of acquisition financings through the lifecycle of transactions. These include public and private acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs and buy-ins, recapitalisations, restructurings and exits. This is a leading leveraged and acquisition finance practice in Australia, working for high profile clients including many international and domestic private equity houses as well as Australian and international banks and other financial institutions.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Starke:
D: 02 9236 9076
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.