My client a global Social Media business seeks to hire a Privacy Counsel to join its expanding EMEA Legal team based in London.
- Support the privacy compliance programme and the continuing development of a privacy governance strategy and compliance framework, policies and procedures for EMEA;
- Provide marketing, HR, product, sales and other business teams with legal advice on data protection laws and regulations;
- Collaborate with the information security team, advising on organisational and technical measures required to safeguard data, incident response policies and processes, addressing suspected or actual data privacy and security incidents and advising on the appropriate containment, investigation and remediation of any breaches, notification and regulatory reporting requirements, and communications;
- Assess and review new products and features from a privacy perspective;
- Advise on and negotiate data protection clauses within commercial contracts;
- Devise and provide data protection training and awareness programs across different business sectors;
- Monitor and respond to industry and regulatory developments in data protection and information security law.
- Qualified lawyer
- At least 3 years' privacy experience
- Experience advising clients on privacy risk assessment and mitigation across digital products and new technology
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.