Taylor Root is pleased to be working with one of the largest health and beauty retailers in the world to recruit a UK Privacy Counsel.
The role has a strong focus on Data Privacy, which provides the opportunity to work with a range of internal stakeholders both nationally and internationally. In addition to this you will also be able to support the team with broader commercial work.
· Support the UK businesses to ensure compliance with all applicable Data Privacy laws.
· Become the day to day primary point of contact for internal and external GDPR enquiries.
· Advise on legal and other regulatory, compliance and corporate governance related matters across Europe.
· Advising the business in relation to day-to-day data privacy questions, particularly from our Healthcare, eCommerce and CRM teams, including the ongoing compliance of our customer loyalty programmes.
· Drafting and review of a wide range of documents, such as internal data protection policies and procedures, contracts with a data protection focus and privacy and cookie notices.
· Prepare training material and presentations, and provide legal training to staff as required.
· UK (or comparable jurisdiction) qualified lawyer with 3 to 5 years post qualification experience.
· Accredited Data Privacy Professional (highly desirable).
· A good understanding of Data Privacy law is essential. Broader knowledge of Commercial law also beneficial.
· Experience at top law firm and/or previous inhouse experience an advantage.
· A relationship builder, strong communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to communicate effectively and translate complex legal topics across a diverse set of businesses and with staff at all levels, including senior management.
· Able to operate proactively and independently.
· Extremely professional: calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organized, proactive and grasps concepts quickly.
· Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities with limited instruction.
· Experience of using the One Trust system would be beneficial but not essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.