Taylor Root is pleased to be working with one of the most well-known brands in the music industry to recruit a Privacy Counsel.
For almost 50 years our client has been the global leader in the manufacturing of electronic musical instruments, electronic equipment and musical software. The company has operations across Asia, the US and Europe and continues to expand into new territories.
Their products and services are used by some of the most well know bands, singers, producers and DJ's across the global.
Reporting to the General Counsel the role has a strong focus on Data Privacy, which provides the opportunity to work with a range of internal stakeholders both nationally and internationally. In addition to this you will also be able to support the team with broader commercial work.
· Support the European businesses to ensure compliance with all applicable Data Privacy laws.
· Become the day to day primary point of contact for internal and external GDPR enquiries.
· Advise on legal and other regulatory, compliance and corporate governance related matters across Europe.
· Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts.
· Work with external counsel where necessary and manage external legal spend.
· Prepare training material and presentations, and provide legal training to staff as required.
· UK (or comparable jurisdiction) qualified lawyer with 3 to 5 years post qualification experience.
· Accredited Data Privacy Professional (highly desirable).
· A good understanding of Data Privacy law is essential. Broader knowledge of Commercial law also beneficial.
· Experience at top law firm and/or previous inhouse experience an advantage.
· A relationship builder, strong communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to communicate effectively and translate complex legal topics across a diverse set of businesses and with staff at all levels, including senior management.
· Able to operate proactively and independently.
· Extremely professional: calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organised, proactive and grasps concepts quickly.
· Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities with limited instruction.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.