We have a current opportunity for a Legal Counsel on a permanent basis for a local conglomerate. The position will be based in Hong Kong working within the Group Legal team. For further information about this position please apply.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the job holder's major responsibilities are to:
- Provide legal advice and support to different business units of the group in general
- Advise on litigation matters
- Prepare, review and advise on different type of commercial contracts
- Take part in compliance matters including assist in formulating and implementing internal policies and regulations
- Assist in conducting training programs for compliance of the relevant laws and regulations
- Liaise and work with external legal advisors or consultants on a needed basis
- Provide legal support and take part in ad-hoc assignments and projects
The ideal candidate should have / be:
- A lawyer admitted in Hong Kong with at least 4 to 5 years' post qualification experience, preferably with solid working experience in both litigation and commercial fields, and with some exposure to in-house teams
- Good drafting skills
- Confident to deal with different parties at all levels and are able to meet tight timeline and navigate through challenges and dilemmas
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.