This business is part of a leading group of companies underpinned by billions of dollars of yearly economic activity in Australia.
An exciting opportunity for a Corporate Counsel to become an integral member of a highly regarded legal team and assist the business with its ongoing digitisation and information services division. Strong career progression opportunities to join this highly motivated legal team in Sydney. Working alongside the General Counsel and CEO of the business.
You will have a solid background as a corporate/commercial lawyer who can work independently and has good project management experience.
A lawyer with strong relationship building qualities as well as drafting, negotiation and advisory experience, giving advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will have gained at least 5 years' experience in a corporate/commercial position from within a top-tier or mid-tier law firm and/or in-house legal experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice.
- Leading the legal strategy to secure the objectives of data insights business. This will involve acting as the primary contact for our New Business Innovation and Information Services Team who you will work closely with on ongoing projects.
- Providing general corporate legal advice to the business including contracting and corporate governance.
- You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with corporate customers.
- Preparing board papers and reports and updating the board on key developments in the business as required.
- Advising on privacy compliance and working with the business to maintain operational procedures that ensure the protection of personal information.
- Significant corporate/commercial advisory and contracts experience, with an interest in technology, IT, IP, media, data, privacy matters. A minimum of 5 years post-admission experience is required as this is an autonomous position.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Quality experience (in private practice and in house).
- An understanding of regulated environments and experience dealing with regulators would be useful.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritise workflows and to drive projects forward autonomously.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.