Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Negotiable; Commensurate with Experience
CU Canberra DOD_1567662365
10 maanden geleden
This is a rare opportunity to work with two of the most renown practioners in this top tier firm's Public Sector team on long-term, high profile projects for the Department of Defence and other government agencies.
The work of the Public Sector team spans virtually all areas of government tendering, commercial and contracting activity. This role will see the successful applicant working as a core part of the team in advising clients on procurements, contract management issues and contract disputes. Work will include:
- Advising on the structure of procurement processes;
- Drafting tender documents;
- Advising on the selection of procurement delivery models (including payment models);
- Contract drafting;
- Advising on issues associated with the management of complex contracts;
- Advising on contractual disputes including settlement; and
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial and corporate documents.
This varied and exciting role will see you:
- Work with clients including government agencies, NGOs and private sector bodies on complex legal transactions
- Work on a broad range of high profile tendering and contracting matters, as well as commercial and corporate law matters
- Work on a range of major projects and commercial transactions and negotiations
- Advise and represent clients, including government departments and agencies, as well as private sector bodies
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Between 2-5 years PQE
- Proven experience in commercial and contract matters in the public and/or private sector
- Strong interest in the Australian governmental and political landscape, and understanding of government procurement and funding rules and accountability obligations
- Strong team work and exemplary communication skills
The role will have a particular focus on procurement for the Department of Defence; previous experience in Defence procurement will be highly regarded (but is not essential)
In addition to this, the firm is seeking a resilient, self-starter, someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on attention to detail and providing an outstanding service to their clients.
This role requires a person who holds or is eligible to obtain at least a 'Baseline' security clearance.
The Public Sector team
The National Public Sector group is widely regarded to be the premier private government practice in the country and has a wealth of talent and experience within the team.
The team helps the Australian Government with some of its most interesting, significant and technically challenging programs and projects. The team uses its skills to solve complex legal problems, assist with the development and implementation of program strategy, and inform policy development.
As Australia's leading independent law firm, the culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind the firm, and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
The firm looks for individuals who will thrive under a spirit of independence -- dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within a collegiate culture. In return the firm will work to help build the career you've always wanted.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.