Join this dynamic Environment & Planning team and gain access to a breadth of market-leading advisory and contentious work in planning, environment and local government matters.
This dynamic Environment & Planning team is seeking a Lawyer with 2-5 years' PQE to join in Sydney.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- local government law;
- planning law;
- pollution and contamination;
- resources management;
- built and natural heritage and historic buildings;
- land valuation, compulsory acquisition and rating; and
- coastal and marine.
Demonstrated skills in planning, environment and local government litigation in terms of:
- implementing Court procedures and forms;
- implementing steps in the conduct of civil proceedings (appeals and reviews) and criminal proceedings (enforcement);
- briefing legal Counsel and expert witnesses including the drafting of observations for perusal by the responsible Senior Associate, Special Counsel or Partner;
- performing appearances on minor contested interlocutory mentions in Court; and
- instructing legal Counsel at hearings.
Demonstrated research and written and oral communication skills in relation to:
- the interpretation of planning instruments;
- the interpretation of planning, environment and local government legislation; and
- conducting accurate analysis of court decisions of planning, environment and local government courts and tribunals.
Our client is the Australian firm to watch this year! They are in a period of exciting growth and exceptional profitability. They provide first-class legal services across the full spectrum of matters, including major transactions, projects and significant disputes, offering strategic advice on their clients' most challenging issues.
- Flexible working as standard - the firm has established flexibility as standard business practice and an option for all their people.
- Bonus leave - an additional week of leave each year (5 weeks annual leave in total)
- Wellbeing program - they support the wellbeing of their people across areas including resilience, mental health, mindfulness, personal development, physical health and self-care.
- Diversity and Inclusion - this is a key area of focus for the firm. The firm sets meaningful goals to improve diversity and an inclusive culture in which all employees feel supported and valued.
- Responsible business approach - the firm is a member of the United Nations Global Compact, and is committed to promoting and respecting human rights, supporting the Compact's Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. They are also a member of AusLSA, which works to promote and increase sustainable practices across the legal sector.
- Learning and development opportunities - including their Australian-first international study scholarship, national training program and mentoring program
Please contact me for a confidential discussion:
T: 02 9236 9076
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.