If you have excellent academics and experience, and are interested in developing your legal career in a sophisticated practice at a top-tier firm, this might be the right choice for you.
This Firm is one of the world's pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a fully integrated global partnership, the Firm prides itself on its approachable, collegial and team-based way of working which combines the Firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
In response to growing client demand for on the ground support and expertise in Australia, the firm opened offices in Australia almost a decade ago. Its Australian practice is now made up of over 80 lawyers who are renowned in their fields for their expertise and cross border experience. The Australian team helps local and international clients make the most of business opportunities in domestic, Asia Pacific and international markets.
BANKING & FINANCE PRACTICE
The Firm's banking and finance practice is widely regarded as one of the best in the world. The Firm is ranked Band 1 for banking and finance globally and has more Band 1 rankings than any other law firm in Chambers Global. In Australia, the Firm's Banking & Finance practice specialises in complex cross border financings and 'first of a kind' mandates with many of its matters being nominated for awards. The Firm offers comprehensive services to borrowers, advisers and other intermediaries on the full spectrum of financial products across multiple sectors.
The Firm is seeking an enthusiastic Associate (Graduate level up to 2 years PQE) to join its renowned Banking and Finance practice, to be based in Sydney. To be successful, you must have experience in transactional work in any of banking and finance, project finance, restructuring, asset finance, structured finance or capital markets and the desire to work on market leading complex transactions.
As well as the opportunity to work on exciting and complex matters which frequently headline the financial and business news, a role with this Firm affords you the following benefits:
- You will be working with a broad range of clients and the Firm's other teams and practice areas, not only in Australia, but across the globe
- Extensive client contact, both as a part of your daily working routine and special opportunities such as providing client training and organizing client seminars
- You will develop an unbeatable multi-disciplinary skill set as well as client facing skills whilst working with some of the best-known market leaders in their respective practice areas
- You will benefit from a comprehensive training program in a broad range of client-focused skills
- A highly competitive base salary, with potential for a significant bonus under the Firm's bonus scheme
If you are seeking a rewarding and exciting career which will provide you with an opportunity to develop as a recognised practitioner in the field, submit your application today.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.