- To provide vital legal support to the business, working as a member of a highly regarded Legal team which is responsible for the provision of commercially-minded legal advice and support to the business.
- In particular, this role will predominantly provide support to the Treasury, Strategy, Commercial and Procurement teams, with the opportunity to support other areas when the need arises.
- This role reports to the Head of Legal, Corporate, Finance & Procurement.
- This is role will be an exciting prospect for any mid-level corporate lawyer that wants to broaden their experience, relishes and seeks out opportunities and naturally thrives in an intellectually challenging, fast paced and lively environment.
- Responsibility for handling and overseeing a wide and diverse range of legal services for the Treasury, Strategy, Commercial and Procurement teams in conjunction with the Head of Legal, Corporate, Finance & Procurement.
- Advising the Finance team on existing finance and security arrangements (EMTN programme, secured loans, sale and leasebacks, etc.) and working with the finance team to put in place new arrangements,
- Supporting the Head of Legal, Corporate, Finance & Procurement on strategic corporate projects such as acquisitions, disposals, partnerships, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, etc,
- Working with the central and IT procurement teams to draft, review, negotiate and finalise IT services agreements, data agreements, outsourced product services agreements across a range of business areas, central services, operational agreements, ancillary services, facilities and consultancy agreements, as well as providing ad hoc legal advice on day to day matters arising from such contracts and arrangements (including contract clause interpretation and disputes).
- Supporting the Procurement team on the process for the appointment of suppliers, including providing end-to-end support on Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals and the selection and appointment of new suppliers, including drafting bespoke agreements or reviewing standard terms and conditions where appropriate.
- Supporting other areas of the legal department on fact finding within the business and legal research.
- Along with other members of the Legal team, supporting the Senior Legal Leadership Team with continuous team improvement initiatives.
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Customer and Shareholder Value. Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.