This role is within the Trade Processing & Management (TPM) function within Derivative Operations. The team is responsible for the Middle office support of Fixed Income Derivative transactions. The Primary purpose of this role is to provide support to the Rates business for trade capture into the Primary trading system within a middle office environment. Functions include trade capture support for Trading and Sales team, life cycle event processing, compressions and query management.
This role requires pro-active engagement with internal and external, where applicable, stakeholders, both regionally and globally, strong communication skills, plus the ability to independently identify efficiency / STP opportunities. It also requires the individual to have an awareness of the Industry/Regulatory improvements within the Derivatives market, and how that may impact the day-to-day processes.
A strong risk focus and maintaining a robust control environment is essential.
- Controls (both process and project) are key to meeting respective targets. Equally critical to understand BAU processes to ensure control framework is suitably positioned to meet regulatory or industry requirements
- Promptly raise control and process issues with line management, attend weekly controls meetings and provide daily MI to highlight volumes and outstanding.
- Working closely alongside Technology and Operations to ensure successful delivery, communicating effectively with the business via weekly governance meetings.
- Ensuring adherence to FIM / Controls
- Strong team working skills, ability to work closely with and influence a broad range of stakeholders.
- Work cohesively across functional areas and regions and help to strengthen the culture of co-operation.
- Creating and leveraging strong working relationships, front to back, regionally and globally, to optimize processes and improve levels of STP, including development of Best Practices with Front Office where appropriate;
- Drive the identification and progression of continuous improvement initiatives to improve processes, working with line management and Change Management and Technology;
- Ability to identify risks and issues and escalate appropriately;
- Work within the Operational capabilities framework;
- Provide excellent client service both internally and externally.
- Detailed understanding of derivative products including Capture, Risk and Valuation
- Experience in a Middle Office/Trade Support function
- Knowledge of front-to-back processing/workflow
- Experience running Trade Compression cycles
- Experience with trade large migrations
- Experience facing off to Front Office (Sales and trading)
For more detailed, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.