We are retained by a leading mining and manufacturing multinational looking to appoint a seasoned litigation lawyer as their newly created Global Head of Litigation based in London.
You'll be responsible for the management of global contentious issues and regulatory investigations and provide leadership and guidance to ensure that disputes are resolved in an efficient and appropriate manner.
This will include;
* Coordinating with local litigation teams, working closely with country GCs and driving overall litigation strategy proactively
* Managing litigation rising in the UK, Europe and outside of Europe (mainly US/Canada/Brazil/Ukraine/Kazakhstan)
* Protecting business interest in dispute resolution scenarios including developing a strategy and assessing potential settlement options
* Managing and reporting on external law firms and related costs
* Staying up-to-date on relevant regulatory matters and manage various regulatory reporting
* Collaborating with other Legal, Compliance and Company Secretary team members
* Supporting business facing lawyers dealing with contentious matters before formal proceedings are commenced
* You will need to be a qualified, seasoned litigation lawyer with a minimum of 12-15 PQE
* Ideally you will have trained at an international law firm and possess some in-house experience on secondment or in a position at a multinational
* Experience working within the heavy industries including but not limited to engineering, manufacturing, energy or construction would be advantageous
* You must possess both European and non-European litigation experience preferably in regions such as South America, Southeast Asia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, US or Canada
Beyond the legal theoretical knowledge, you will need to have a special ability to understand the business, technical and financial aspects of strategic projects. The role is uniquely characterised by high levels of responsibility and autonomy.
If this role sounds of interest, please get in touch by applying or getting in touch directly at email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.