For the Rossel Group, we are currently exclusively recruiting a General Counsel to be based at the headquarters in Brussels. The Rossel Group is the leading Belgian French-language press and media group.
About the role:
In this stand-alone position you will work together and provide direct assistance to the board and managers of the Rossel Group, as well as to the journalists in the various editors, by proving day-to-day business and law counselling. You will have a supervising role regarding all legal matters and will provide general information and awareness throughout the group.
The main focus of the legal matters will be on (Belgian) Contract and Media law. Contract law includes amongst other civil, commercial, advertising and trade law, whereas Media law includes the fields of Right of Correction, Right of Reply, Journalistic Ethics and Secrecy of Sources. Other legal matters include Protection of Personal Data law, Company law and Tax law and Social law.
Furthermore you will represent the Group in national and international associations, for example ENPA, EMMA and EPC, and you will be member of various committees like the French Speaking journalistic ethics board CDJ and the Belgian Advertising Ethics Board.
- Master's degree in Law (LLM);
- Strong knowledge of Belgian Civil Law, with focus on commercial and contracting;
- at least 5 - 10 years of experience, inhouse experience at media and/or publishing company will be considered as a plus;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and English, Dutch is considered a plus;
- Strong pragmatic and hands-on mentality next to strong self-possession- and assurance.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lex Pluijmers on +31 6 12 18 08 52 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.