We are working with a top media and marketing solutions company who are looking for a CGI qualified Deputy Company Secretary to support the General Counsel & Head of Compliance.
As the Deputy Company Secretary of the firm, you will be responsible for establishing and administering high levels of corporate governance and company secretarial policies and processes appropriate for a FTSE 250 company.
This is a highly visible and exciting role, offering the opportunity to help create a robust governance framework for the company.
Reporting to a newly appointed Head of Compliance, you will and have ownership of key areas, working alongside the Legal team, and with direct exposure to the Chair, Board of Directors, and Executive Team.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
* Organising and managing Board and Board Committee meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas, collating, and distributing meeting packs, advising on Board procedures, minute taking and action tracking.
* Onboarding, induction and training of new Board and Committee members, maintaining skill matrices, and managing annual and external Board evaluation processes.
* Compiling and maintaining of corporate books and records, including completion and return of statutory filings, and updating of statutory registers and minute books of the Company and all subsidiaries and branches.
* Ensuring compliance with relevant continuing obligations under the Listing Rules and Disclosure and Transparency Rules. Preparing and submitting RNS announcements.
Requirements for the Deputy Company Secretary Role:
- 8+ years' experience.
- ICSA Qualified.
- Premium listed plc company secretarial experience in a senior capacity.
- Good knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and best practices, including the Companies Act, UK Corporate Governance Code, Listing Rules, DTR and MAR.
- Confident, independent and results-focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.