For a global multinational commodity trading company with a focus on the agricultural sector, we are currently recruiting a Compliance Officer Sanctions to be based in Rotterdam.
About the job
The Compliance department consists of the Compliance Officers (subject matter experts in sanctions, data governance, anti-money laundering, KYC, third party due diligence, whistleblowing and compliance monitoring), the Compliance Assistants and the Regional Compliance Officers (located in field offices). For this position, we are looking for someone who:
* Developing and rolling-out of corporate policies in the sanctions field (including Know Your Counterpart procedures, Vessel Screening procedures, Anti-Money Laundering procedures)
* Developing and providing training to the business and raising awareness regarding sanctions related matters
* Providing advice to the business units regarding day-to-day compliance related matters
* Create controls around adherence to policies
* Performing due diligence
* Responsible for managing and training junior compliance officers and compliance assistants
* Interacting with other control function personnel, and the employees and management in all lines of the business
* Keeping abreast of regulatory developments (from OFAC, OFSI, EU Commission, UN, etc) as well as evolving best practices in the sanctions field
* Liaising with external US and EU counsel on sanctions interpretations
* The sanctions compliance program and performs the role of subject matter expert for sanctions and trade controls
* At least 5 years of experience in a similar function (sanctions compliance, due diligence, policy development, advisory work);
* A legal, auditing or similar background;
* Fluency in English (spoken and written), additional language is a great asset;
* A good general knowledge and understanding of the commodities industry.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.