My client, a top tier Financial Institution is looking for a Senior Manager, Collateral & Liquidity Management Middle Office to join their team. This is a permanent role based in London.
You will be responsible for managing the daily collateral end-to-end control environment and reporting ensuring it continues to be efficient, robust and optimal, whilst maintaining high-quality management information.
- Manage the production of daily portfolio analysis providing details of the holdings, exposures and investment split to senior management and the Portfolio Managers.
- Analyse the P&L from the investment activity, providing attribution, P&L drivers and budget compare with associated comment where necessary.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the default management responsibilities and participate in company wide annual fire drill exercises and any active events
- Assist in the exception management process across the whole of the collateral flow, identifying and implementing both tactical and strategic controls.
- Identify and record operational issues and collaboratively champion them until final resolution, escalating as appropriate.
- Produce bespoke on-desk solutions to improve process efficiency through the creation of business tools to be used across stakeholders.
- Monitor direct collateral portfolio costs, providing optimisation ideas through detailed analysis.
- Work closely with other operational and business teams to build knowledge of different department processes in order to streamline the end-to-end process flow.
- Assist area head on new initiatives and ensure that the correct controls, processes, procedures are in place to ensure that the department's operational risk footprint is minimised.
- Ensure accuracy and transparency of all reconciliations relating to collateral balances and exposures
- Identify ways to reduce costs and work with area head to implement change.
- Continuous identification of appropriate controls to comply with internal operational risk framework.
- Manage department responses to Internal Audit reviews and actions arising.
- Implementation of the department's business continuity policy, processes and guidelines.
- Experienced in a banking or product control / operations management team
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Highly numerate with an interest in both operational and financial risk
- Track record of running high performing teams
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in Excel VBA, with the ability to write and amend code and analyse big data sets
- An understanding of the lifecycle of financial products including Repo, Bonds and Term Deposits
- Comfortable with an iterative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated proactivity and strives to develop their knowledge and skills on an on-going basis.
- Shows relentless curiosity in understanding process lifecycles and seeking ways to optimise.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
For more details, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.