The company are market leaders in the energy, gas and electricity sector, and are looking for a junior lawyer to assist with a range of commercial legal matters.
This role entails a broad range of responsibilities, but specialist experience in projects, commercial law and the energy sector will provide a distinct advantage. Other relevant legal experience could include regulatory and property matters. In this role you will gain unique exposure to a sector-leading business alongside an accomplished legal team.
Day to day requirements:
- To provide timely, risk informed, preventative and commercially relevant legal advice to the business on a broad range of matters including key commercial, projects, construction / deconstruction and property contracts, general advice on planning or regulatory matters, organisational governance and compliance requirements and the avoidance and/or management of disputes.
- Under appropriate supervision, to draft, negotiate and provide advice on the management of key contracts required by the business.
- To support the applicable business unit in proactively identifying potential disputes or claims, avoiding such disputes or claims and successfully managing any formal dispute.
- To be aware of legislative changes that may impact the business and share the same across the legal team and business as appropriate, including through delivery of training courses.
- To manage particular matters for the business unit, including the appointment and instruction of external law firms where required.
You must be a qualified solicitor, ideally 4-6PQE. You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive. This is a great opportunity to join a high achieving, well respected in-house legal team and will be ideal for someone looking for growth and autonomy.
Please do get in touch if you would like more information, or apply directly and we will be in touch.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.